
Reydarfjordur – the metropolis
This is the thriving metropolis that is about 2km away. It has two grocery stores, one bar, two gas stations, and a church. They just built a “mall” since Bechtel came and it has one of the two grocery stores in it, a liquor store, a sporting goods store and a clothing store. That’s it.
This is a picture of the camp from afar. I live in the yellow trailers. If The camp has a cafeteria, one workout room, an internet library (that is always packed with polish guys), and a few rec rooms with pool, ping pong, and darts, a bar. They are supposed to get wireless internet soon.

This is the hallway inside my trailer that has all the rooms. The bathrooms are behind me in the picture. There are 7 to a trailer, so we all share. My room is the second door on the left

This is my room! So small that I can’t fit it all in one picture! I have a small twin bed, a little closet, a desk, a couple of shelves and a 13” TV.

Here is where I am 6 days a week for 10+ hours. What you can see built is only ¾ of the length of the Potline. The potline is where they will “smelt” the aluminum. Basically what happens is they have metal pots, they put the alumina powder into them, and then they run lots of electricity though the pots and it turns the alumina into liquid aluminum. They then suck it out of there and take it to a cast house where they turn it into bars. The process is a lot more complicated then that, but that is the best way I can put it! There is a public website if you would like to view it. It is www.fjardaalproject.com.

This is a waterfall that is right behind the camp. You wouldn't believe how many waterfalls there are in the area. Iceland is just water everywhere. Anyways, this fall is about 1-2 miles up the hill behind the camp and I walked up to it one evening.
Hope you enjoyed my post!
1 comment:
Thanks, David! Great job. Glad you are enjoying your new adventure! Mom
Post a Comment